Are you sick and tired of working for someone, going there five days a week, and leaving with little more than a sore back and more bills? If so, it’s time you learned how to sell online. Be your own boss and earn money from home without having to go out and start your own physical store. You can do this in several ways. Or, you can also source your own inventory and create an eCommerce store on one of the many eCommerce platforms already out there, or create your own eCommerce website.
The bottom line is that it’s simple to learn to sell online, the only question is where to sell products online. Once you figure it out, you can start selling online instantly, making money without the stress of answering to anyone but yourself.
How to sell online: the three main ways
The first step to learning how to sell online is learning what you want to sell. Then you can decide where to sell products online and then get started. These are the three main ways to sell things on the Internet:
- Sell your own stuff-There are quite a few sites out there that are dedicated to selling your own items, whether it’s old stuff you no longer need, stuff you’ve made, or stuff you’ve bought that you’re reselling for a profit.
- Sell other people’s stuffIf you want to get into the online sales market, there are two ways to make tons of money selling other people’s stuff: dropshipping and personal license rights (PLR). Dropshipping is simply when you create sites, pages, or outlets for customers to come and buy items. Then, you take their orders, send invoices to the pre-arranged dropshipping wholesaler, and then they ship and fulfill from there. Whatever the difference between the wholesale price and your point of sale with the customer, you pocket that profit. With PLR, you buy the rights to rebrand items created by others and sell them as your own. This includes things like videos, eBooks, and reselling software, giving you a viable means of earning passive income.
- Buy new things and sell them-Combining the two methods above, buying your own inventory, and starting an eCommerce site of your own is another way to sell online. Of course, this involves a bit more start-up capital, so you may want to check out some crowdfunding sites to help you get started.
Once you know what you want to sell, you can read the sections below and find out the best place to sell your items.
How to sell on eBay
eBay is an auction site that also allows you to create your own store from which you can sell your items. This site works best for rare items like vintage collectibles, sports memorabilia, and things that are hard to find in general. That’s because of the auction feature.
But you can also use this to your advantage if you drop ship because the higher the auction goes above the wholesale price, the more profit you make. It also has a “Buy It Now” option, so you can set a fixed price for instant purchase so customers can bypass the auction.
One of the great things about eBay is that you can set a minimum price that the buyer can’t see, so if you win the auction but don’t meet the minimum bid, you don’t have to sell. Additionally, eBay offers buyer and seller protection, adding another level of security to your online sales.
Here are some quick tips for selling online on eBay:
- Always check the “Full Listings” tab on the left panel to see how much your items have sold for in the past. This gives you a great idea about current and past market values.
- Take great photos and provide great descriptions.
- Start the deals at times when people are home, as they will end at that time as well. In other words, don’t set your auction to end at 11pm on Friday night.
How to sell on Facebook
Facebook makes it easy to sell on its site because it has implemented third-party applications called storefronts. These include apps like Ecwid, BigCommerce’s SocialShop app, and VendorShop Social. You can also build your own app, or hire an app developer to build one for you, if you like.
The bottom line with these storefront apps is that you simply add them to your Facebook business page and start selling. While there are some apps that are free, others will cost you a low monthly subscription fee. With store apps becoming a big thing, new apps are constantly popping up, so you’ll want to do your homework and avoid getting locked into long contracts. We can almost taste this market getting better and freer in a short time.
Regardless, once you choose your app, add your product listings, some great images, and then start selling. Look for add-ons like shopping carts, PayPal payment options, promotional tools, and splash pages. The best thing about learning how to sell online with Facebook is that all your social media promotions are free. Just create an interaction between you and your fans and your sales will start piling up.
Facebook is a great place to advertise your PLR products as you can direct your followers directly to your website. Social media plugins make PLR one of the most lucrative platforms for those looking to learn how to sell online and make huge profits.
How to Sell on Craigslist
Craigslist is a difficult category to pin down when it comes to online sales. That’s because on Craigslist, just about anything goes. You can sell bikes, strollers, boats, cars, exercise machines; almost anything, big or small, service or good, will sell on Craigslist.
Here are some online selling tips to help you learn how to sell on Craigslist more effectively:
- Write an impactful headline that is concise and conveys your message clearly and professionally. Use only one adjective and omit all capital letters and exclamation points.
- Upload a full image and then multiple close-ups of your item. Use 800 pixels wide as the minimum point for photos.
- Make sure your product description is clear, descriptive, and easy to digest. Use bulleted lists and skip the fancy wording. Mark the make, model, condition, size, etc. extremely clear
- Post on Thursday between 6pm and 7pm. If the items didn’t sell on Friday, please delete the listing and repost it on Saturday.
- Don’t be firm with the price! That’s not what Craigslist is about. Be open to negotiations, barters, trades, and questions like, “Would you help me move it?”
How to sell on Amazon
Learning to sell online on Amazon is probably the simplest of all the largest e-sales sites. That’s because there’s not much more involved than searching the site for what you want to sell, clicking “Sell yours here,” and then getting started.
Of course, you’ll want to make sure you create great product descriptions using strong keyword choices. Because Amazon is such a huge marketplace, almost everything you list will be indexed and ranked on Google and Bing search engines, so the better your descriptions, the higher your rankings.
Keep in mind that you are competing with many other sellers on Amazon, so choose your products wisely. You may need to cut your own margins to get the sales, but all of that will pay off in the long run as you make one sale after another, especially if you drop ship. (Hint: this is the place for drop shipping).
How to sell on Etsy
Finally, we have Etsy. Learning to sell on Etsy is a little different because Etsy is the wild card. This site is a marketplace for crafters, artists, collectors, and the like to display and sell their wares. Whether it’s handmade items, vintage items, or even craft supplies, learn how to sell on Etsy and your items will be selling in no time.
Etsy is huge right now, so take advantage of their marketplace. Of course, you need to have the right products to sell on Etsy, but with a little ingenuity, you’ll be making a profit in no time.
Learn to sell online and earn enough to quit your job
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you would like to learn more about selling online, including the advanced techniques that all professionals use, click here http://www.PetyaEdwards.com right now and start your path to financial independence today!