1) Ditch drab white walls and paint them in warm golds, deep reds, burnt orange, or even cream. White gives the impression of being sterile and looks out of date. Is your house painted in pastel tones? It’s definitely time for a chance so that it doesn’t look dated.
2) Big bathtubs that you don’t use? It can be a problem, especially with small bathrooms. People prefer space for their living conditions, especially in the morning when they are in a hurry and the last thing they need is to be stuck in traffic – literally! Consider switching to a walk-in shower to avoid this inconvenience. It looks so much better anyway!
3) Replace the ceiling fans. If they have gold accents, like in the 1980s, replace them right away!
4) Replace traditional blinds and opt for curtains. They are much more attractive and allow a good amount of natural sunlight in your home.
5) Remove rugs (especially high-pile rugs!) And replace with hardwood or tile floors. Installing hardwood flooring is now more affordable than ever, plus engineered flooring goes where anyone can, no matter what climate you live in. Use elegant rugs to accentuate your living space and add coziness.
6) Add steel appliances in kitchen and laundry areas, including dishwashers, washers, dryers, refrigerators. Improve bathrooms and taps.
7) Upgrade to granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. The same goes for bathroom furniture and kitchen cabinets.
8) Upgrade your fireplace to make it safer and more attractive
9) Install custom cabinets in your kitchen. Using high-quality, exotic woods with custom stains can go a long way in turning your home into a beautiful living space.
10) Routinely, pressure wash your patio or pool deck to make sure no dirt or mold builds up.
11) Upgrade your clay tile roof to add a stylish finishing touch to your home
12) Change lighting accessories. This includes adding edgy modern ceiling lights – a quick and super easy way to instantly upgrade your home.
13) Replace your front door with glass or beautifully sanded craft wood.
14) Replace the ceiling lighting in the dining room. Go for minimal and modern lighting fixtures and remember that “less is always more” in today’s modern design schemes.
15) Consider re-flooring your front porch or sidewalk, especially if the cracks are filled with dirt.
16) Consider changing your shower tiles, especially if there is mold or mineral deposits built up in the bathtubs.
17) Replace shower heads with mineral and rust resistant steel. Elaborate shower heads have become very popular. You don’t need them in every bathroom, but the master bathroom certainly makes sense.